LAST EVENING
We met with Jeff in the Meridian Lounge for cocktail hour. This is the bar manager, Gusti, an old friend of ours. This is "AC". I could not pronounce his name so he said to call him AC. My Makers Mark Manhattans were great. Jeff had a Woodford Reserve Old Fashioned. Rebecca had Rombauer chardonnay. We headed up to Prime 7, the steakhouse, for our 7pm reservation. I ordered this Trilogy cabernet from the connoisseur (pay extra) wine list. Margarita is presenting the wine. Jessica, the head sommelier, is presenting the Rombauer chardonnay I ordered for Rebecca (of course I had some too) again off the connoisseur list. I know I am the only Regent passenger who asks for our meat to be presented. Kevin, the Prime 7 maitre d, has brought our three 6 ounce filets to our table. The filets looked great so I then coated both sides of the meat with Lawry's lemon pepper which I bring from home. Later the chef will grill them. Rebecca and I had half orders of a chopped salad to start with. The dressings were too runny. I also had a crab cake. This is my filet with a baked potato and some creamed spinach. We did not care for the creamed spinach however. They always bring these after dinner and before dessert. Way to sweet as must be pure sugar! Of course, I had to have the dessert unique to Regent cruises, a popcorn sundae. YUMMY! They had a "welcome aboard show" in the theater at 9:30 but we did not go. After very little sleep the night before, I was ready for bedtime. We had a really nice evening with Jeff.
TODAY
Very smooth sailing last night and today. I had a very good night's sleep and got up at 6:15. Early this morning the water was like glassy pond water and there was some fog early. This photo taken at 8:30.
I got dressed and went down to the Coffee Connection when it opened at 6:30 and ordered two Americano coffees to go. I do this every morning on cruises. I then started working on this blog post before showering for the day.
I met Jeff up in La Veranda at 7:30 when it opened for breakfast. I ordered this special for the day, eggs provencal. This is a half order with some sausage. Jeff said he did not sleep well and woke up at 12:30. Finally got up at 3am and at 3:30 he ordered room service breakfast.Teguh, head of La Veranda during the day, and Sette Mari maitre d at night, greeted me. I asked if he could get me a Compass Rose (main dining room) menu for tonight as they did not deliver one as I had asked yesterday. This is tonight's Compass Rose menu. I did not care that much for it so I asked Teguh if the Sette Mari (Italian restaurant at night) could make me a veal parmesan. It was not on tonight's Sette Mari menu so was a special order. I got a call later saying the chef would make it for me. This is Rheylene, whom we have cruised with a few times before.
This morning on our door was an invitation to dine with the cruise director and cruise consultant this evening in Chartreuse, the French restaurant. We do not care for French foods nor that restaurant so will turn them down. Sorry! I thanked them for thinking of us but declined the invitation.
At 9:30 Jeff and I had signed up for a Culinary Arts Kitchen cooking class titled "Taste of the Northwest Kitchen". It costs $129 pp. I have done these classes before and always enjoyed them.
Our noon position. As you can see we are no longer in the Inside Passage but in the Gulf of Alaska. It is partly cloudy with some sun peeking through. 59 degrees outside. Still smooth sailing.
We had lunch in La Veranda and I confirmed my order with Teguh for my veal parmesan and Jeff's chicken parmesan in Sette Mari this evening. After lunch I went to the Destinations Desk (tour desk) and had them transfer Rebecca's helicopter tour into Jeff's name. That tour is priced at $599pp but with my discount I only paid $199pp for it. I hope the weather is good in Juneau for it.
Rebecca watched her soap streaming on her phone this afternoon and I am still working on this post.
Our upgraded flower arrangement is so beautiful. On my way the the theater for the 3pm lecture on Alaska, I picked up a cappuccino at Coffee Connection.Philip Martin spoke on "Alaska: The Last Frontier". He was interesting.
This evening at 6:00 in the theater is the Captain's Welcome Reception. He will be introducing the senior officers on stage after cocktails and canapes. We will probably not be attending, but rather, head back to the Meridian Lounge at 6:00 for our cocktails. As I mentioned, dinner tonight will be in Sette Mari. The show at 9:30 is featuring a comedian, Fred Klett. Comedians are not our favorite kind of shows.
Tomorrow we will be arriving at our anchorage for Klawock, Alaska at 9:30am. Never heard of it before this cruise and not been there. It is a new cruise port.
At 2:00am our clocks will be set BACK one hour. Then we will be 3 hours different than Dallas time. We'll stay on this time zone until the day before arriving back in Vancouver on September 9th.





























No comments:
Post a Comment